Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why?

I hope to use this blog for a couple of purposes. The first is to track and discuss the companies and their stock that I own (or am considering) in my portfolio. By using this forum I hope to explain my reasoning for buying or selling a stock. This should help me make sure I've done my due diligence before making a move and stop me from making rash decisions. Well, at least that's the theory.

A secondary purpose of the blog is to explain my stock picking philosophy, and why I believe individual investors can do better than the overall market and most investment advisors and analysts. Much of my philosophy comes from Peter Lynch, the great Fidelity mutual fund manager. Of course, I have my own nuances and tweaks to Lynch's investment style (which probably explains why my results aren't anywhere near how well he did throughout his career!).

Note, nothing on this website should be considered as a recommendation to buy or sell any company's stock! Everybody has their own risk level and set of goals for their investments, which are likely very different than mine. If you follow this blog, then consider it an educational tool. You should never invest in a stock without doing full due diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment